Thursday, July 29, 2004

Teething Terrors

It's now been 2 nights of this horrible time - teething.

Kyle is getting his first tooth (teeth?) and it's been horrible. He is fussy all day long. Nothing seems to keep him satisfied for very long. Night time has been complete misery.

I start out trying to get him to sleep by 8. Because of the noise of the other boys, this doesn't happen. Finally at 9, Jacob, Kyle and I climb into bed to go to sleep. Jacob whines for about 15 minutes about "stupid nighttime" - keeping Kyle wide awake and then after Jacob falls asleep, Kyle begins.

He first acts as though he is hungry and then tired and then the screaming begins. This is horrible. I don't know what to do to help the poor child. I have tried every trick in the book and have even given him infant pain reliever. Thank goodness I know this isn't forever. It breaks my heart to see him so sad and not himself.

Eventually he zonks out from exhaustion.

Eventually, I will too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would highly recommend a shot of whiskey for the pain and another shot of whiskey for the sleeping problem. It may not help Kyle any,but at least you'll get your sleep. jk