Sunday, July 18, 2004

The Biggest TV

Today was a first in the life of Jacob. Today, we took Jacob to see his very first movie in a movie theater.

Shrek 2 was our choice for this great occasion. Jacob was so excited. We called Whitney (our babysitter) last night to see if she could watch Kyle today. I thought it would be fun for Jacob to have an afternoon with Mommy and Daddy all to himself. He woke up this morning ready to go.

At noon, we loaded up the car and were on our way.

We reached the Hartford theater just in time for the show. Not having been to a movie in over 2 1/2 years, Mark and I were also looking forward to the afternoon.

Our first stop, the popcorn stand of course. Jacob's little eyes lit up when he saw all the popcorn! We orderered our big tub and a soda to wash it down and headed for the theater our movie was being shown in.

We walked in during the previews, in the dark, worrying about finding a good seat for Jacob to see. Then looking up, I realized, we were the only ones there! So, Jacob picked our seats and our adventure was about to begin.

Jacob sat in his seat and then looked up at the screen.

"Wow! Mama, Dada, where they get such a big tv?" he said in amazement.

Mark and I just smiled at eachother and then at him.

"Me want a tv like that at my house!"

I laughed to myself, remembering the first time Mark and I took Alex and Travis to a movie theater. Alex was probably 4 years old then. We went to see 102 Dalmations. The boys picked our seats - in the second row. We sat down with our popcorn and sodas and then the movie began.

"That's the biggest TV I have ever seen!" Alex said.

Hmm... it's so sweet to sit back and think of how children view things in the world we take for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys picked our seats - in the second row.

OUCH! As I read this I could feel the neck crink!