Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Time Flies and Children Grow

As I sit here tonight and review my blog, I realize how sad it is that I haven't taken the time I have needed to record every memory of my children over the last 6 months.

There are so many stories I know I shared along the way with others... i swore I record every word so I would not forget. I forgot.

I am amazed as I read back at the stories of Jacob. He is so big now. In kindegarten and growing so much every day. How I wish I would have taken 5 minutes out of each day to write down the funny things he has done. He is still my little Monkey Man.

At night, he and i lay in his bed, read bedtime stories and then say our prayers. Each night, he prays to "King God" (as he calls him) and he thanks him for the wonderful day he had, asks Him to please let him have a fun day tomorrow, asks for "wishdom" to remember the things his teacher tells him, and then tells Him how he loves his mommy and daddy. It is really a sweet thing. Some nights he says some really sweet things... I wish I could remember them all now.

Time goes by so fast and our children grow so quickly. It saddens me that I have failed to record these precious memories.

No comments: