Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Birthday

Kyle's second birthday... what a special time for us. We even took the time to teach him the word two so when you asked him how old he was he could tell you "two". Although sometimes he would say "fwee" and then he would giggle that silly little giggle that he has... Silly kid.

I had to work that day, but I managed to squeeze some time off early to come home for cake and ice cream. Unfortunatley, Jacob was sick that day and I had to keep him home from school so when I arrived home, he had gone down for a bit of a nap or maybe bed time... but he wasn't himself. Poor Kyle, we didn't want him to think that we had forgotten his birthday... but he was only two so I didn't think he would remember if we decided to have his cake the next day... but then Jacob woke up and decided we needed to have cake... so we did.

Everything appeared to be great..... at least until it was time for bed... then it happened.

Kyle was laying kind of "on" me. (As he still sleeps with Mark and I). I thought this was really sweet... "My baby, loving his mommy on his birthday" and it gave me a chance to just snuggle him close... so sweet.

Then

He began to cry...

and cry...

maybe he had to poop (we thought as he has been struggling with this)

but then

we got our answer....

he lifted his head, looked at me and puked - all over me - all over my face, my hair, my glasses, my pajamas... he just let it go...

I guess he didn't like being two...

No comments: