Saturday, January 08, 2005

Chores

During a recent visit to my sister's house, Mark and I learned about a wonderful system she has for her children to do chores and get rewarded... but the rewards are enough to make them want to do the chores. We liked this and decided to start a similar system at our house. Even little Kyle has a chore! :)

Today, Jacob started his morning helping me clean. He yelled at me because I did one of his chores (cleaning off the tv with glass cleaner/paper towel) so I let him do it again. Though our system really doesn't start until Monday, these chores and the points he will receive must be on Jacob's mind.

At dinner time, Jacob announces to Mark and I, "Mommy, your chores can be 'portant stuff, cleaning, vaccuuming, laundry, cooking and hmm... I think that's all. Daddy, your chores can be battling with me and playing Spyro (on PS2)."

Mark and I both laugh... only 4 years old and he has the boys role all figured out.

No comments: