Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Long Cold Walk

It was yesterday - you know, 10 degrees, sun shining.... Travis needed to go to his Dad's house after school to work on a school project.

He sent me a text message at about 3:30 asking me if he was supposed to walk there. I told him I couldn't leave work at the moment so he would probably have to.

"See you Saturday then" was the response I received back.

I had forgotten that it was that day when they head back to their Dad's for a few days.

I sent him a message and told him to walk where I work and I would take him to his Dad's that way I could see him before he left.

He decides that he would do this.

About 20 minutes later, I get a message "I'm here".

I send him one back "come in"

"Where are you?"

"I am in the door, up the stairs"

My phone rings... "Mom, where are you?"

"Where are you?" I ask back - somewhat confused...

"I'm in the parking lot" he says. I tell him I will be right out.

I go outside and I look around. I yell for him a little bit... nothing...

I call him, "where are you honey?"

"Mom, I think I don't know where you work" he says to me.

I laughed... he had walked to a different shop all the way across town from me.

"I'll be right there baby, stay put".

He's such a sweet kid. He is so smart!! I bet he never forgets where I work again! :)

No comments: